Hello, I’m Judy Illing and I live in the beautiful city of York, Yorkshire born and bred and passionate about helping micro business owners and women in business in particular.
After working in the corporate business world I became an Insurance Broker and partner at Custom Insurance. I took a career break to become a carer for my father in 2004, starting a part-time wellbeing business in 2006.
I became a Volunteer Network Leader for the York & District WiRE Group (Women in Rural Enterprise), which I started an ran for several years and after stepping down from this role, I am now a WiRE Ambassador.
In 2013 I became a 21st Century Ambassador for Retail & Tourism in York, a pilot programme by the Institute of Leadership & Management, and I am now actively involved in the York Retail trade. I am the Secretary of the York Retail Forum and the Shambles Area Traders’ Association.
I currently provide social media and website management for several local businesses including:
I also have a background in stress management and wellbeing and know that it is as important to learn these skills as it is to have business skills.
I am passionate about natural health and have qualifications in:
- Stress Management
- Detox Therapy
- Colour Therapy
- Crystal Therapy
- Business Development
I have also:
- Been a participant in the York St John University Acorn Business Programme
- Been a participant in the Superfast North Yorkshire Programme
- Spoken at the Yorkshire WiRE Conference in 2008 (when still had WiRE presence at Askham Bryan College)
- Successfully completed the Introduction to Mentoring programme with the Institute of Enterprise & Entrepreneurs in 2012.
- Spoken at the National WiRE Conference in 2014
- Given talks to local business groups about WiRE
- Helped to organise the Yorkshire WiRE Conference in 2015
- Represented WiRE at the York, North & East Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership focus group
- Represented WiRE at the East Riding LEADER programme meeting