I have been a WiRE Member for many years and it was my pleasure to start the York WiRE Network group in 2006. Having stepped down for family reasons in July 2017, I am delighted to now be a WiRE Ambassador.
WiRE Ambassadors are:
- Powerful and active advocates of rural, small and micro businesses
- Promote the excellence, spirit and diversity of women in rural enterprises
- Highlight women in rural enterprise across all sectors and in all their networking activities
- Are themselves female role models who inspire and inform emerging women in rural enterprise
- Identify opportunities; political, promotional and financial which potentially benefit WiRE and the membership
- Champions of change, they are the voice that brings this growing group of businesses to the fore
WiRE Ambassadors come from diverse backgrounds and sectors and have made a significant contribution in supporting WiRE and women in business. They are often past Network Leaders or Inspirational women running rural enterprises; committed to supporting their fellow entrepreneurs. They are united in the belief that Women starting and growing small and micro businesses in rural locations and market towns make a significant contribution to their community and boost the local economy.
Find out more about WiRE here.